Thursday, April 10, 2008

Auction Off Diabetes!

For those of you that have never planned a whole fundraiser, might I suggest a diary? Oh, and if you have no natural organisational skills, you might need a friend that posseses those. Because believe me, it's a lot of work.

In case you're a little slow today and haven't already figured it out, I'm planning a fundraiser, for JDRF. Of course, it's a charity that's pretty close to heart for a lot of us, and I want to make it a great night all round, but I need some help.

First of all, the event: A live band, fingerfood and Silent Auction...

"Auction Off Diabetes: Bidding For A Cure"

I have the venue. That was easy enough... NewHope Baptist Church, Community Events Room. Beautiful.
I almost have a date... it just depends on when Youth don't need the room, as they have first dibs on a Friday night.
I'm waiting to hear back from a band.
I already have people donating items for the silent auction, but need more. If you feel like you have something you could donate, then it would be VERY much appreciated. Just comment here and I'll contact you!

Now, where YOU come in...

I'm trying to put together a video of people with t1, people of all ages... Male, Female, Old, Young, any location, any nationality... the only thing I ask is that you (or your child?) is t1. The pic can be anything you like... hanging with friends, chilling out, doing D stuff.... ANYTHING!!

If you can help me out with a couple of photos, then please email me at type1cure@gmail.com


And thanks!!

No comments: