Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Child Of God.

That is me. That is how I felt at kids church last night, for the first time in a long time, and it was re-inforced again at the sermon tonight. I am a child of God, I am loved, and I am secure in that knowledge.

I have been having spiritual issues again lately, but last night God fixed those. He seems to be good at that. Kids church always lightens my heart. To see the children worshiping God, learning from His word and praising Him... that makes me happy, and I know it must please the Lord. Last night, the sermon was all based around Luke 10:20 ("However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."), and being content in what we have, being happy with our place in the world, and with all that God gives us. I was up doing the usual kids church thing, singing, dancing and praising, and I realised that I AM content. I realised, for the first time in weeks, that I am happy as God made me, and I don't need anything else. I don't have to have to have things, I don't need other people... I just need God, and His perfect love.

Then tonight.. tonight the sermon was called "This Little Light Of Mine". It was based on Matthew 5:14-16 ("You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."), and Dan talked about being the light of the world... and I realised, that is what I want. I want to be someone that people can look at and say "She shines for God". I want to be able to turn people towards the Lord just through them seeing Him in me. I want my friends that don't know Him to look at me and think "I want that.. I want God in MY life!"... I want to be a light for God. I want to be The Light Of The World, shining with passion and love for Christ, right where everyone can see it. I want to step out of my little Christian circle, and be used in God's will to change the world.
I don't want to be a light in a cupboard, or under a bowl, sharing my light only with those who have the same light... I want to shine in dark places. I want to be a light that fills a football stadium and hightlights the Glory of the Creator.



This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine.

7 comments:

Lowell said...

I hope you find the peace and joy you seek and deserve so much! You've got a special role in the world. You've done so much for those around you already.

Nicole P said...

Oh, Kit. Never, ever hide that light. You strive toward something that you already seem to have in many ways. Although I struggle with faith, I KNOW that god exists for me in other people, in their being and their goodness - people like you. This was a beautiful post, one that really made me smile today.

Thank you for that.

Lowell said...

Bless you Lord,
With all that's in me,
Bless you Lord.



It looks to me like you give of yourself out of love because your heart tells you to give.

Anonymous said...

God's light does shine through you, Kit, and it shows.

kitter said...

Lowell.. I have found the joy and peace I need in God. Sometimes I let other things get in the way, but I belong to HIM, and if someone can't deal with sharing me with Him, then tough!!

Nic... Sometimes i DO bury the light... but from now on, it's not gonna happen. I'm glad I made you smile :)

Claire... Just thank you.

Mandy said...

Your post has really touched me. I had a long talk/walk with my best friend yesterday where we stumbled upon the topic of faith. It is so easy to lose sight of the things we take for granted, but sometimes it is also the little things that bring us back. Thanks for reminding me.

kitter said...

thanks for your comment Mandy. It's almost hard to believe that it was simply singing and dancing with the kids that brought me back... But then, God used a donkey for Balaam!!!

He is awesome.